What do you believe? Better yet, what do you believe you believe? Have you ever stopped and just asked yourself this question? Most people never do. We live our lives, unquestioned, carrying on with whatever god we were handed, whatever job we have, whatever school we’ve attended or not attended, & whatever story we’ve been told about ourselves. These beliefs become the fabric, literally, of our lives. The messages they hold get into our bones, our marrow, and profoundly effect us on a cellular level. Every single thought, conscious or unconscious, drives not only our action, our choices, but also our physiology. Health and dis-ease can arrive from thought. Cells are turned on or remain dormant, from thought. The mind is so important. The beliefs our mind holds are even more important and yet, we rarely question them.
Pause for just a moment. Breathe. See if you can feel your breath filling up your body, calming your energy. If it is possible, become deeply engaged inside, allowing all that is around you to drift away. Now, read these questions:
1. What do you believe about God?
2. What do you believe about your life? Is it good? Is it bad?
3. Do you believe you are happy?
4. What do you believe about money?
5. What do you believe about time?
6. What do you believe about parenting?
7. What do you believe about your kids? about their lives?
8. What do you believe about your body?
9. What do you believe about genetics?
10. What do you believe about your beliefs?
You don’t have to answer the questions. Or you can. The real goal is to ask them, to read them out loud and let them begin to settle with in you. The time has come to know who you are. The time has come to ask questions.